Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When silence and reading save my day

my dear friend Laura (http://eatcraftlive.typepad.com/eat_craft_live/) (i don't yet know how to do that fancy link-thingy where you can make their names a link to their site. . . live with it people) posted some fabulous photos on her Photo-Friday post that made me think of my favorite poet. Then my other dear friend Renee (http://tougas.net/) did the same thing yesterday. i am so blessed to know so many fabulous photographers!!!

This morning when i got home i was rather depressed because of work. i got home to be reminded that i have an ill-scheduled dentist appointment. It is going to eat substantially into my sleep time today, but it must be done. So i took a little time before family meeting and did some reading! Nudged in that direction with the help of my phabulous photographer phreinds i grabbed one of my phavorite poetry books by my phavorite poet. . . here is just a taste of the silent sounds that lifted my soul this morning:

n
OthI
n

g can

s
urPas
s

the m

y
SteR

y

of

s
tilLnes
s

Any guesses on the Author? Here is your hint (like you need one). He was a prisoner of war in WWI.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So are you the one who left me the wacky comment? I thought you might be...