Saturday, January 17, 2009

The end of a long week

A snap shot of a miss-prioritized 'to do' list.
i realize that perhaps if i had paid better attention to it's order i may have had a much less stressful week. Actually, it wasn't bad at all. i ended up working mostly day shifts this week, the down fall was that i worked two of my three days off (yeah for mandatory trainings).
Having spent a greater percent of my working life on the overnight shift, i always wondered about how grand a day shift might someday be. This week changed that. i am blessed to work the third shift (is that weird?)!!!! Perhaps it is just a need to readjust to what some refer to as "normal life", but i feel like i haven't been home at all this week. Yes, i have slept with my wife, in my bed, at night. . . but i feel like i have totally missed a huge chunk of my kids, and even my wife. There is something wonder about being able to be at home with your family, but they are all asleep for most of it.

Someday i will lay down this body and sleep for a long, long time. That time will probably come sooner for me than most (they say that graveyard folk tend to die younger), but i will look back with a smile when i realize how much time i have had to spend with my lovely wife, and my little ones. . . and some of my friends too!! When that day finally comes i wont have to worry about where things sit on my 'to do' list anymore either!!!

1 comment:

blindconfusion8 said...

don't forget to place you wife on that list... she needs your attention too...