Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lobster. . . the poor man's food.

At least it was - a hundred and fifty years ago. Now-a-days you can afford it if you sell off the first born.
This weekend a very good family friend, Katie (formerly) Rowell got married. For whatever drug induced reason she and her hubby wanted to have Owen serve as the ring bearer. i was honored to have my son in the wedding, but really?!? Owen?!? He is listed on the "Weapons of Mass Destruction Master List". He isn't allowed in federal buildings, airports, or Chuck E. Cheese's in Portland.
The bride and groom very graciously invited the whole family to the rehearsal dinner which was as fancy a spread as i have ever seen at a rehearsal dinner. They served steak, lobster and mussels!! WOW!!! It was great. . . would have been greater if my daughter wasn't there. We discovered that the little turd has quite the appetite for anything sea food. She was supposed to be seated across the table from me, but in fact was standing just behind my seat eating my mussels, my lobster, my potatoes. . . It was wicked entertaining. i enjoyed every minute of the little mooch standing behind me. It's nice to know that there is another seafood eater in the house. . .maybe next week we will try sushi. . . i can't afford that either.
The wedding was beautiful! The ceremony was followed by dinner and dancing on a small cruise ship in the bay. Amy is still recovering from the all night dancing! She's a wild woman on the dance floor.

It's raining today. Praise be to God! Good for the veggies, good for the weeds!

2 comments:

renee @ FIMBY said...

Hey if you have any more friends who are getting married care to recommend our three little cuties for wedding party members?? I'd love a night out dancing on a boat - great fun!

bookgrl said...

Hey, I love your kids, but none of them can be in my wedding. ;)

We'll be there next summer....